Having pain and red spots in throat. Difficulty in swallowing. Red bumps appeared on tongue. Is it strep?

Hi, I m 17 years old.. and for the past 3-4 days I ve noticed pain in my throat.. trouble swallowing and can t eat. I went to the medicenter, I have red spots on the back of my throat, doctor said that it may be a virus and it made my throat tender so it s just a bruising.. he did however take a swab to check if it may be strep , anyways he gave me a mouthwash and amoxicilin . And just today I noticed red bumps in the back of my tongue .. so is it something worse than strep... I m really scared and worried.. I can t swallow, or eat properly, and from what I ve googled- the results are freightening...
Asked On : Tue, 17 Jul 2012