Having on and off fever, gassy, occasional discomfort in abdomen. Runny nose, watery eyes, on Cefdinir. Any suggestions ?

My 16 Month old has been running a fever off/on for the past 4 days. He has been sick a lot throughout his short life which has lead to tubes in his ears. He is really gassy and occasionally holds his head and abdomen for comfort. He has a runny nose and watery eyes sometimes to the point that looks as if he is crying. He is currently on his second prescription of Cefdinir for ear infections but his ears look fine. This medicine seemed to work the first time but a few days after we took him off of this he started experiencing the symptoms I mentioned earlier. The ear specialist put him back on this when we called him back and told him about the situation. However, he does not have any fluid coming out of his ears like he did the first time. Not sure if he treated this correctly. He had an allergy to milk when he was a baby but did not show any signs of irritation when we introduced whole milk to him after he was cleared by the specialist. He is really clingy and whinny. Any suggestions? We have an appt with an Allergist but that is 2 weeks away. He has not been eating as good as he usually does but is drinking tons and tons of pedialite.
Asked On : Sat, 9 Mar 2013