Having odd sensation and pain in back, numb back, skin sensitive, have compressed disc in lower neck

hi, my back started going numb 6 - 7 years ago, acompanied by lots of odd sensations and pain . I m now in lots of pain, lots of shooting stinging pains and nearly half the middle of my back has completely lost feeling. the surrounding skin is highly sensative and i just csan t take anymore. i have a compressed disc in my lower neck but was told it wouldn t cause anything below my neck. please help me. karen
Asked On : Sat, 5 May 2012

Thanks for writing to us,

I have studied your case with diligence.

In case you may need to do MRI spine or HRCT to see details of nerve damage.
I will advise to consult to orthopaedic surgeon.

You may consult physiotherapist for pain management. He may start TENS, or ultrasound which is helpful in your case.
You may need to take rest for early healing.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. If you find this answer helpful do not forget to give rating at end of discussion.

Dr Vaibhav