Having numb leg without pain. Have elevated cholesteral reading. On simvastisin. Is it due to the medicine?

Hi, I ve been experiencing a slight to moderate numbness in my right lower leg for about 6 six weeks. No pain involved. I m fairly active, I walk about 1 mile every morning. I m 62 years old, am not and have never been overweight . I do have an elevated cholesteral reading, and have been taking Simvastisin for about 6 months. Could the numbness be a result of the medication it something I need to have checked by my doctor?
Asked On : Mon, 16 Jul 2012