Having mucous stuck in throat. Brown in the mornings. No sore throat. What could it be?

I was sick ( cold ) about a year ago. Since then I have really thick mucus . I feels like its coming from my sinuses, then gets stuck in my throat. I have to snort, then spit it out. Throughout the day it s clear, or green, but in the morning it s brown. Just a little. It s exactly the same as the snot I blow out my nose with exception to the small amount of brown in the morning. No sore throat , and I don t feel sick. I chew tobacco, and have never smoked. Any ideas?
Asked On : Fri, 25 Jan 2013