Having mood swings, anger, irritability which is affecting love life. On antidepressants previously. Suggestions?

Alright, Im 17 and am a Junior in Highschool. I am male. I am an active computer user and also play sports year around. I have a good group of friends and a girlfriend (currently not right now becuase of this issue). I seem to get mood swings. I really like being with her, but for some reason i get really angry and usually causes a fight or arguement. It use to happen and be really bad, but were working on it and trying to work together to get it to stop. Thats why were on a break right now, she wants to make sure it doesnt happen as often. I dont really know what it is. I have been depressed and was on meds when i was 14. I stopped at 15 feeling great. I still feel great, but for some reason i get these really bad swings out of nowhere, and have no idea how to get better. I dont really know what the problem is. I just kind of get a headache pain, and get mad/angry/irritable.
Asked On : Sat, 2 Feb 2013
Geriatrics Specialist 's  Response
hi there
am dr.surendiran
nice to meet you in hcmagic
Take a break as soon as you recognize that you're angry.
Breathe deeply. If your heart hammers with rage, slow it down by controlling your breathing
If you're still having a difficult time calming down, imagine yourself in a scene you find incredibly relaxing
Practice positive self-talk
Ask for the support of someone you trust
Try to see some humor in what angered you.
Engage in physical activity
Restructure the way you think about your life. Cognitive habits are the hardest to break, but it can be done. Ask yourself honestly if you see everyone and everything as an adversary or an obstacle
hope helped your query
regards dr.surendiran