Having missed period, negative pregnancy test. See a doctor?

I have a missed period and a negative pregnancy test . I have a history of generalized anxiety disorder and my mother died in her early 40 s from ovarian cancer . I got into a bad car accident two months ago where I flipped my car. I went to the er and checked out fine with only a few minor scraps and bruises. I also believe I had tonsillitis or something with similar symptoms last month that went away on it s own after a few days. This is my first missed period, I even have an app on my phone that keeps track for me. In recent years my periods have gotten shorter and lighter. I did get pregnant two years ago and had an abortion . I was bed ridden for three weeks when I was pregnant because I was so sick and I don t feel like I did then now. My question is should I worry about my missed period? Should I see a doctor right away or just wait and give it some time? Please help. I don t have a mom to ask these things to anymore.
Asked On : Sun, 9 Dec 2012