Having mild pain in scrotum. Test shows swollen testis. What are the risks?

Sir, I am feeling some low smarting pain in my scrutam for the last 7 days.I am scared?Is that a very problematic symptom??what should i do now.Last two months my wife is not with me so thre are few time i have sex with her.. I have thoroughly checked the testis i found the other parts of the tetis which are connected with it ( vein like) are swollen.Pain is very low.what should i do now pls advise me.
Asked On : Thu, 7 Jun 2012
Please consult a Urologist/General surgeon and get examined clinically.
If there is any doubt,they will order for Ultrasound /Colour Doppler of scrotum.
It will confirm the diagnosis.
Till then,you can use antibiotic and anti inflammatory medicines as it looks like Epididymo orchitis.
Wish you good health