Having mild fever, diarrhea and nausea. Blood culture showing staphylococcus hominis. Taking Ciprofloxacin. Correct medication? Dark spots on the skin

Hi My wife is suffering from mild fever for last 10 Days, with Diarrhea and nausea We did a blood culture and found staphylococcus hominis, Doctor prescribed Ciprofloxacin and she is continuing taking it for 5 days, but the fever is not completely gone, is this the correct medication? She is also having dark spots on the skin for last 1-2 years could this condition be related to the above bacteria? is Ciprofloxacin safe medicine in case we are planning for a baby? her home pregnancy test is still negative but we are not sure..
Asked On : Thu, 9 Aug 2012