Having mild asthma, moderate acid reflux. Having breathing problems, burping. Suggestions?

Hello, I am a 37 year old, reasonably healthy male, with mild asthma and moderate acid reflux . Within the last year or so, whenever I try to exercise, I have a hard time breathing . Before breathing becomes an issue, it s almost always preceeded by burping. I have tried to take my inhalor before, and that does not seem to help much. My doctors have stated that my heart is good and that my asthma is controlled. I would love to know what is causing my breathing difficulties. I used to be a college athlete and I am finding it harder and harder to exercise at all! Thanks for your help in advance!
Asked On : Sun, 31 Mar 2013