Having migraines. Took steroids in the past for autoimmune disease. Could the headache be due to autoimmune disease?

I am a 52 yr. old woman and have had migraines since I was 24. When I was 35 I became ill with some sort of autoimmune disease . I could barely walk or even move. I have flare ups and the only thing that helps are steroids. The migraines are getting continually worse. I m getting at least 4 a week and take Imitrex . Pain meds don t stop them. My SED rate and C-reactive protein are very high, but test for lupus have come back negative. Could the autoimmune disease be causing the migraines?
Asked On : Mon, 28 Jan 2013