Having migraine with aura after taking birth control pill. Due to estrogen levels?

I keep seeing little tiny tiny squiggles whereever i look like im about to get a Migraine .. specially when i look at dark objects .. its been like this since last sunday but its gotten abit better. Last week on saturday I got a migraine with aura .. after that it went away and my vision was normal. next day it went strange and since then its been like this but it has gotten abit better like i said. I ve been Ortho Evra birthcontrol patch for only 5 days and then I got the migraine with aura. I STOPPED TAKING IT AS IT COULD CAUSE ME TO GET A STROKE!! I didnt want to risk it. When i wake up , i see it more.. when i get up after a while of moving around the house, i see it less. Today i have been to the optometrist and he checked my eyes. Everythings fine. He said im a little short sighted so i got some glasses. He told me that im probably having a migraine with aura. He told me to see my doctor so i booked an appointment for monday. Could i be experiencing a Persistent Aura due to the oestrogen levels? Im not on birth control anymore because I got that migraine from it (MOST LIKELY) and ive stopped using it. Ive been on the birth control patch ONLY FOR 5 DAYS.
Asked On : Wed, 17 Oct 2012