Having metatarsal non displaced mid shaft spiral fracture. What if x-ray at that time shows non union? Wouldn't light pressure to site stimulate bone repair?

5th metatarsal non displaced mid shaft spiral fracture . Been in hard cast for 4 weeks. Doc suggesting another 3 non weight bearing and then a boot with weight bearing. What if x ray at that time shows non union? And wouldn t light pressure to site stimulate bone repair?? I am a 56 year old female in very good health who exercises regularly.
Asked On : Sat, 7 Jul 2012