Having medicines for lower blood sugar, almost had a mental breakdown. Taking lonazep 1mg. How to check for sugar level?

hello doctor,wanted to know that my husband is having medicines to lower blood sugar since 8 years,but now since a year he refuses to test his sugar levels,i wanted to know that is there any method and some symptoms to check if everything is okay ,how to convince him for regular check-ups. i wanted to mention also that year and a half before he had got into a state of almost mental breakdown bcoz of his health worries only and now he takes lonazep1mg daily that takes care of his mental worries but now he does not want to go to the doctor as he thinks he might go in depression again,please tell me what to do
Asked On : Sun, 6 May 2012