Having medications for ear infection. Bowel movements nicely shaped, firmer. Is it due to Musinex?

Just curious, after being on Musinex for several weeks ( inner ear infection and now plugged Eustachian tube ) and Cipro initially then Dr. switched me to Prednisone for 10 bowel movements, that are usually soft and shapeless have been nicely shaped and firmer consistently which makes me think it s something about the Musinex. I rarely ever deal with constipation but sometimes wish for firmer, easier to control bowel movements. I am a once a morning go-er and have a gluten sensitivity and have been off gluten for 2 yrs now with wonderful results but maybe less fiber w/o the wheat...not sure but wish I could maintain this firmer stool. Do you think the Musinex is responsible for this nice trend? Linda
Asked On : Thu, 14 Feb 2013