Having lung infection. Taking antibiotic. Started pain in stomach and chest. Taking buscopan and antibiotic

Firstly I should say that I do have an ongoing problem with a lung infection and am on long term antibiotics . The infection was discovered about 6 months ago along with some diviculitis - the latter was sometimes uncomfortable but not severe. I have not had any pain over the last 6 months with my stomach or chest. In the last 4 weeks I have developed quite severe pain right across my stomach and up the centre part of my chest. I do not have any blood pressure problems or breathing issues nor pain in my arms. I have been to my doctor who just prescribed another short course antibiotic and some buscopan.
Asked On : Wed, 14 Mar 2012