Having low grade fever, extreme chills, light headed. Done with CT scan showing abnormality with kidneys, indicating cysts on both kidneys. Taking cipro. Concerned?

For several months, I have gone through period of low grade fever, extreme chills, light headed. It usually lasts several days. A couple of months ago, I found I had an abnormal ct scan in June of 2012 ( i was never told this). The scan was actually done for stomach/bowels but showed abnormality with kidneys. I saw a urologist, more tests indicating cysts on both kidneys with one small suspicious area. I also have had history of RBC's in urine ranging in result of few to TNTC.He then did a cystoscopy. He found inflammation and polyps. He prescribed cipro. I asked what he thought was causing the blood in urine. He said probably the polyps. I asked what caused the polyps and he said he thought long term inflammation. He did not remove or biopsy the polyps. If it was a long term inflammation and he prescribed cipro, well, I was on cipro for almost a month during the time of abnormal ct. I had been in hospital with pancreatits, then had colitis. I was on IV cipro in the hospital and the pill form after I had gone home. Wouldn't all that cipro taken care of the inflammation last year? I also cannot understand why he did not do a biopsy or remove the polyps. Isn't one of the two recommended?
Asked On : Tue, 30 Apr 2013