Having low GFR, kidney flushing, frequent urination. On thyroid medication. had moderate to chronic kidney disease. Reason?

My GFR was as low as 50 and should never be below 60. With symptoms such as kidney flushing 24/7 and peeing 45 times a day and falling asleep my Doctor was not concerned but he upped my thyroid meds to much and told me my body would adjust in 6-8 weeks. I asked for my blood work the last two years and found I had moderate to chronic kidney disease.I do not no the cause have seen a specialist a couple of times. He let me know we have a kidney dialysis in our hospital.And there is medication I can take. Is there no other recourse? I drank chinese herbs for 1 1/2 years it just stablized it and stopped the symptoms and did not fall asleep. I have since found something I can take daily all natural and never felt better.Do not know how long it will last. But for now it is great. Thankyou just want to know the cause.
Asked On : Sat, 6 Apr 2013