Having lot of chest pains. Family history of heart attacks. EKG normal. Relief with medication. Remedy?

I have been having chest pain a lot lately. Heart problems run on both sides of my family. My father died of a heartatck & my sister died fro. One as well. My mother had a heartatck this last year & had to have a stent put in. I have had chest pains for years. The last couple of years it has become worse. I ended up in the ER because I passed out the pain was so bad, I had two rounds of morphen before the pain stopped. When I went to a doctor he said he could not find anything wrong with my EKG , but last night I had chest pain so bad I was given nitro & the pain stopped almost emediatly with in a few min it was over. Should I go to a specialist to get this checked out or do I listen to what the first doctor said?
Asked On : Thu, 15 Nov 2012