Having long periods, coil fitted, sexually active. Advised coil removal, shadow on cervix. Worried?

hi im nikki am 35 yrs old,and for the last 10 months i have been having periods that last upto 23 days,i have had a coil in for the last 4 years,and having sex with my partner which is not frequent,i ll still bleed and i get a pain on my left side of abdomen ,ive had all STI done and they have come clear, my nurse has recommended that i have the coil removed and due to the abnormal bleeding my smear test cant be done so i have to go and see a gyny, also i have a shadow on my cervix is this something to worry about,as i am going out of my mind with worry,thanxs nikki.
Asked On : Sat, 26 Jan 2013