Having large cruise on lower back. Diagnosed with degenerative disc disorder and osteoarthritis. Cause?

Hi, I have question about large cruise on my lower back. I've been involving in to car accident 5 years ago . Its finish with whip splash. After that I was diagnosed with degenerative disc disorder and osteoarthritis in my lower back. About month ago my lower back started bruising without reason and its very stiff. At my work I am very careful ( personal support worker) and I never had any injury related to my job. What can caused that weird bruising?
Asked On : Wed, 10 Apr 2013