Having itchy red rashes, tender on touching at lower abdomen. Causes?

i have a red rash , sometimes very itchy, in a line across my lower stomach/abdomen, from pelvic bone to pelvic bone. It varies from 1/4 to an inch in width. it is sometimes tender to the touch. On a couple occastions it has kept me up most of the night, due to itch and pain/ irritation . I did see a doctor for it, a week ago, who said was allergic reaction to something. I haven t changed laundry soap or done anything different that I know of. I did however rewash my clothes but that did not seemed to make a difference. I have tried taking Benadryl , ice packs but neither seem to have helped Any ideas what is causing this?
Asked On : Tue, 13 Mar 2012