Having itchy leg, feels sore, painful and bruise appeared. What is the cause and treatment?

I felt an itch on my leg at work today and felt a welt about the size of a quarter. After a while it felt sore and I noticed the welt had grown to a 50 cent size. It then turned in to a bruise which became painful and has now spread to about a 3+ inch size. No more itch, just pain. I can see a very small single dot near the center. I m trying to figure out if it is a bite and if I need to watch it.
Asked On : Sat, 30 Jun 2012
Hi i think u are suffering from insect bite presents as itchy welt on scratching sore is can be cured by atarax 25 mg at night.antibiotic twice daily and application of flutibact ointment twice daily can cure the not cured start oral steriods for a short course
Dermatologist Dr. Ilyas Patel's  Response

It seems that you may be having insect toxic dermatitis.

There may be bite of some insect unknowingly.

There is development of erythematous papular and vesicular round lesion with gradually developing necrotic ulcer in the center.

There is initially itching followed by pain. There may be secondary bacterial infection.

Take antihistaminics like levocetirizine to relieve itching.

Antibiotics,anti inflammatory drugs and steroids in tappering dose may be taken.

Apply antibiotic cream.

Apply soap bath. Take bath with dettol liquid.

You may be alright in few days.

I hope you got my answer.

Dr. Ilyas Patel MD