Having itchy back, brown spots. Suffering from venous insufficiency in leg, diabetic. Treatment?

Lately my back has been a little more itchy than usual, and when I asked my wife to look at it, she said a a lot of little brown spots had appeared. These spots are not raised, looking perhaps like freckles. My back has not been exposedto the sun in years. I do not know if the itchiness and spots are related as I live in an arid region (today the relative humidity was 8%) and the itch may be due to dryness. FYI, I am eighty-nine years old with type 2 diabetes , a-fib, and rather severe venous insufficiency in my legs, but I doubt these are related to the spots.
Asked On : Fri, 22 Feb 2013