Having irregular periods due to overweight, taken janya medicine, had regular periods. Is it good to take yasmin pill?

hello , dr kiran , i m jaspreet from india ,23 years old ,unmarried, now in italy ,have the problem of irreguler periods. my periods start in the age of 14 and then i had periods regularly. it became irregler in the age of 18-19. i went threw docter check ups . dr says this problem beacause of overweright. my dr. advised me to take JANYA . it took it for 6 months ,during the course my periods became reguler but after stop the medicine it discontinue . now i m in italy and from last 8 months i have no periods , now i consult the docter ,she suggest me YASMIN . is this tablet good . please suggest me.
Asked On : Thu, 17 May 2012