Having irregular periods. Had sex whilst being on my period. Later saw brownish fluid like before period. What might be the cause?

Hi I am 20 years old. I am on the birth control pill. I do have a history of irregular periods and have been to the doctor. My partner and I had sex whilst being on my period. It had seemed like the last day of my period because I didn't have real blood comming out just brownish fluid like before period . After sex I started bleeding it looked like I was on the 2nd day of my period with a meduim to heavy flow? What might be the cause. This has happened before. Thank you
Asked On : Thu, 25 Apr 2013