Having irregular period. Will it have any effect on future pregnancy?

Should i be worried about my period patterns? so i m 16 almost 17 in a few months right now and i m a virgin . I ve been have irregular periods since I was 12 so it has been going on for a while. So basically like my periods skip every 2 to 3 months. for example, if i have it in November then i wont have it again until January and February. and when i actually do have my period; i don t have it for a week. I have it for 3 or 4 days and then it goes away. i find it really strange because everyone else s periods stop during the 5-7 days of the week. I plan on having a kid when i get in my late 20 s or early 30 s so I was wondering would the irregularity of my period affect that?
Asked On : Fri, 18 Jan 2013