Having irregular heartbeat, high blood pressure, cold, cough. Is irregular heartbeat due to flu?

My husband has been admitted to the hospital with an irregular heartbeat . He has high blood pressure which he s been taking medicine for since maybe 10 years ago? He just recently caught a germ from our daughter which was high fever, body aches, flue like syptoms. However, then they turned into horrid cough & cold for all of us except mine hasn t gotten that bad yet because I m taking a million vitamins and trying to keep it at bay. Could the irregular heartbeat be due to chest congestion from the junk in his body from the flu that turned into a bad cold?
Asked On : Sat, 16 Feb 2013