Having irregular bowel movements. Could it be due to stress? Any cure?

Hi, I m a 28 year old healthy female with no history of any health issues. For the past three months I have had irregular bowel movements. What I mean is that it is always sticky and often light in color. Sometimes it comes out thinner than usual, but definitely NOT pencil thin. I also have to wipe a lot to get the area clean. I do not have any other symptoms. There is no pain and no blood(since its usually light). I used to be very regular. Could this be simply from stress or could it be something else?
Asked On : Tue, 22 Jan 2013