Having infection due to blood clot, low grade fever after total hysterectomy

Hello! I had a total hysterectomy 5 weeks ago. I have been in and out of the hospital bc after taking a cat scan it was found that I have a blood clot near the vaginal cuff. It started at 6cm and was recently at 3cm. I was sent home without antibiotics to see if my body could break down/take care of the clot. I have been having low grade fevers 100.2. Blood test and urine test does not show an infection but the dr said there still could be an infection with the blood clot. dr to call back tomorrow bc they are waiting to see how my fever does tonight without taking any motrin or tylenol . They will then decide tomorrow if I will go on 1 month of anitbiotics or possibly repeat cat scan to see status of clot. While I was in the hospital they gave me 3 antibiotics by iv and then sent me home to finish 5 days. A few days after finishing medication started with low grade fevers again. Could a blood clot cause this type of thing? Does antibiotic usually take care of this ? Do they have to drain a blood clot/fluid collection?How long does it take for your body to absorb a clot? They gave me 1 shot of a blood thinner in my stomach while in the hospital. Do I need anything else? During my hysterectomy they found stage 4 endometriosis . Extensive work done on bladder, bowel etc. Thank you Suzanne
Asked On : Fri, 4 Mar 2011