Having huge pain in my ear

I having huge pain in my ear since 3 days... Please suggest something!
Asked On : Fri, 30 May 2008
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Dear Mr Ved Prakash Hello I am Dr Sharma ENT surgeon. On the basis of information provided it appears u are suffering form a disease of ear(wax in ear, fungal infection of ear, suppurative infection of middle ear, foreign body in ear etc ) or referred pain in ear { throat, oral cavity or pharynx or larynx(voice box) have common innervation with ear so disease in these areas can be a cause of pain in ear } . You will require an ENT consultation so that we can actually come to the diagnosis.I hope this answers your concern Do let me know if you need more info with regards Ravinder Sharma
ENT Specialist Dr. Jyothi Kumari's  Response
there are 3 possibilities1..Acute otitis media,especially if u have upper respiratory infection.2.External Otitis if there is pain on touching the ear or wax in ear and..3.The pain may be in the joint in front of your ear..if it is worse on biting and eating food.For the last you need a drug like brufen400 3 times daily for 3 days and an anti-inflammatory ointment like Voveran gel followwed by hot fomentation.For 2,you need ear drops and the same painkiller.For the 1st condition,antibiotics with brufen and aNasal drops for 5 days is essential with an antiallergic tablet at nightNasal drops are to be followed by steam inhalation..
you should be allright if you can do this as suggested.

i also suffered this problem. you know we tried all measures. like putting warm oil in the ear and all but no effect, plugging the ear with cotton is not a good option as it will not help only. even after plugging we get the pain and than come back home and warm the ear with a lightened candle. than also we used to suffer pain. i have one brilliant idea. this as worked for me. buy rider glass that is transperent as sunglass kinds will not help in dim light.try using it. it has worked for me. it should completely cover the eyes. try and see
ENT Specialist Dr. Puneet Maheshwari's  Response

You are suffering from Acute Suppurative Otitis Media.

Follow these--

1- tab amoxyclav 625 mg three times a day.
2- Take some anti inflamatory, antiallergic, decongestant tablet like sinarest three times a day.
3- antibiotic ear drop.
4- AVOID water entry in ears.

dont worry u will be all rite.

My son used to get ear pain often. One day he cried whole night with ear pain. I took hime to ENT doctor in the morning and the doctor told he had infection, he told there is lot pf pus formation in his ears, he gave him some antibiotics and he cured. Now he does not complian of pain. So get it checked with an ENT doctor
when i swim and the water enters my ears i feel a deep pain and start crying for hours. Ilove scuba diving but is a problem for my ears..what can i do? And treatment?
hi,is there any swelling or discharge from the ears?

usually ear pain occurs when there is accumulation of wax in the ear dont try to put ear buds as u may damage ur tympanic membrane try using hydrogen peroxide solution for 2-3 times a day if it is wax..........

hi,the causes of ear ache pain are: Swimming - when you swim without ear plugs and this allows the water to enter your ear canal. There are different bacteria in the pool from all the other users of the pool. This water get into you ear and causes ear infection and you will need ear pain relief. Common cold - this can cause pressure to build up in the ears, causing ear ache pain relief. Injured part of the body that is related to the ear, like a tooth ache, can cause headache pain.Why dont u see a ENT specialist and treated.
i have an ear ache from the inner part of my ear that hurts to the bottom of my jawbone pain occurs whem open mouth loud noises and touching of outer and inner ear and outside of bottom jaw and behind ear can u help me?
yes this i have also noticed, i used to get pain, i also had the sight problem, my doctor advised me to were glass constantly, now i observed my ear pain started reducing and now it is not there . i think its the sight problem you have and its getting more worse in the cold and we get pain. get your eyes tested once.
even i have got severe earache for mor thatn 2 days..finally it increased day by day that i cdnt...bear that..i went to a doctor he examined my ear ..for almost 1o minutes and then told there is some foreign body in my ear..i have hobby of using cotton of the swabs i forgot to remove...becuase of which i faced this problem..and then doctor removed that swab...and gave me some pain killer now i m feeling better