Having high blood pressure and facing extreme weakness, breathless, vomiting and sweating. What could be the cause ?

My father woke up Sunday morning with extreme weakness, breathless, dizzy, nausea , vomiting, and sweating. He walked 10 steps to the bathroom and was completly out of breath. It lasted pretty much all day and was all better by the next morning. He experianced something similar a few months ago but fainted that time. I know this is a lot of symtoms to experiance at once, so I m worried. He is in prison and all they gave him was pepto bismol. He was not on any medication and has good health execpt slight high blood pressure .
Asked On : Fri, 10 Jun 2011