Having high blood pressure. Feeling light headed, palpitations, tightness in chest. Taking beta-blockers and aspirin. Should I get admitted?

Hi I am 54 yr old female who has been treated for high blood pressure for a number of years. Last week had blood pressure check-it was up-thurs at nurse clinic.Saw GPfri-blood pressure ok but i explained I have recently been feeling light headed and some tightness in chest plus palipatations--he arranged for ECG on the following Tuesday. Felt unwell over weekend--light-headed,aware of heart beating. ECG- Tuesday-- shows heart racing and evidence of a heart attack. Now on beta-blockers and aspirin .--seeing GP again fri am Should I have been sent hospitial?
Asked On : Sun, 8 Jul 2012