Having heavy periods and pain. Have fibroids. Noticed blood in the urine stream after periods. Something serious?

Hi. I am a 42 year old woman with fibroids. They are at the point where I will most likely have a myomectomy (sp?) to have them removed. However, the only symptoms I have had are heavy periods (2 days of very heavy flow, 7 day total cycle) and slight pain and pressure from time to time. They are manageable, but I don't want them to get worse and be forced to have a hysterectomy. During my last period, I spotted for about 9 days after my period ended. Then this month, I thought my period was coming, but it was more spotting/light bleeding and not a true period. I would go to the bathroom and there would be nothing on the pad, but when I went, blood would come out in the urine stream. Then it would stop, and start again hours later. I feel tenderness that comes with my period, but not really cramps. Also, my period is usually very heavy the first 2 days, and this is nothing like that. I'm trying not to worry because stress can throw your cycle off, but I am concerned. If it's just the fibroids I can deal since I'm planning on having them removed, but could it be something more serious?
Asked On : Sat, 30 Mar 2013