Having heavy periods after first child, low back pain and abdomen pain. Reasons ?

I am 38 years old. I have had a normal period most of my life. I had a baby in July( 6th baby) and nursed for several months. The first month I had a fairly regular period but had some breakthough bleedingor light spotting lasting anywhere from 1 day to4 days but then I had a regular period that next month. This is the 3rd month and I have had a heavy period from the 3rd day on and have been bleeding for 2 weeks now. I usually don t use tampons except to sleep during the night during the 2 or 3 heaviest days of my periods and I can usually sleep all night with just a regular tampon. I am now having to use the super plus tampons and can flood over after a couple hours. The bleeding isn t mucousy and I am passing small clots. I also have lower back pain on my right side as well lower abdomen is tender over the uterus and right ovary area. I do not have insurance so I am hesitant to go to the GYN if it isn t urgent.
Asked On : Sat, 9 Feb 2013