Having heavy menstrual flow due to fibroids. Prescribed birth control and tranexamic acid. Resting and taking plenty of fluids. Cause of heavy flow?

Hi, I m 19 years old, petite and I have heavy menstrual flow due to fibroids . My OBGYN doctor has prescribed me Birth Control and tranexamic acid to help with it. This is the first time this has happened since starting treatment: I had my period for 3 days, then it stopped. Two days later it started again extremely heavy with huge clots [palm sized] and I passed out because of it. I have been bleeding heavily for 9 days now and it is not showing any signs of stopping. I do not feel faint anymore and I am resting and drinking plenty of fluids, but I am curious to know what would be the cause of such a heavy flow? Again, I have not been bleeding heavily since starting the treatment until this month, please help!
Asked On : Sun, 3 Jun 2012