Having heart palpitations which lasts for 15mins. Is it something serious? Should I be worried about the findings?

I've been having heart palpitations for most of my life (I'm 28 years old) which normally last about 30 seconds to 1 min. Today however I experienced one that lasted 15 mins. I hoping it is due to the following factors: did not get much sleep, was exercising, had coffee just before my exercise class... I want to know if this could potentially mean that the palpitations could be getting worse and can be something more serious or if this case may have simply been something due to the factors mentioned above?
Asked On : Wed, 10 Apr 2013