Having hearing problem. Will putting more peroxide in ear time to time will help to loosen the wax?

Recently, I ve been having problems hearing completely out of my right ear. I went to an Otolaryngologist yesterday, & he put some peroxide in the ear. Then he vaccumed it. He said that I still have some wax crystalized behind my eardrum . He prescribed some drops of medicine (I forgot the name) that is an atibotic. He said to put 4 drops in the ear twice a day and come back a week from now to see him, so he can try to clean this out. My question is if, along side the medicine that the dr. prescribed, I also put some more peroxide in this ear time to time, will this help to loosen the wax? If so how often & how much peroxide? When the Otolaryngologist got close to the eardrum, it was really painful. Thanks. Harry
Asked On : Sat, 9 Jun 2012