Having headache, pain in the spine, thoracic area, dental, psychological issues after having car accident. MRI normal. Further course of treatment?

Hi, I am 48 female. I had car accident 2 years ago and a SUV hit my Prius from behind with full speed (about 50 mph) exit off highway while I was stopping for light. I didn t loose conscious, but felt like giant hammer hit me in the Thoracic and metal object (from car seat) hit lumbar spinal toward right. I slam the break so hard and my right ankle still hurts. Since then, I have been experience Spinal pain, psychological issues (Anxiety, depression, fear to drive small car, short fuse, PTSD), dental issues ( root canal , broken teeth, loose filling), headache, TMJ , Bruxism especially on right side. Headache is usually occur at temple and back of the neck and brain stem area, pain also occur Thoracic below shoulder 1 to about 5 across the back, numbness and tingling radiate to side of upper arms, pain in lower back to tail bone, can t sit for long, numbness and tingling radiate to back of left upper leg and side of right leg. my first orthopaedic surgeon said can t operate, your MRI is better than mine . I have been through PT several time, neuropsychological treatment and biofeedback, exercise, massage, medication, chiropractice, 7 epidural injections on the back mostly in Thoracic area. Two years later, almost all of the symptons still there. I had two MRIs recently and waiting for Lumbar and right ankle MRIs (Dr. suspected fracture on ankle from X-ray). Here is Cervical without contrast MRI impression: 1. C3-4 small focal right paracentral disc protrusion without cord contact or impingement. 2. Minimal disc bulges and protrusions at other levels (C4-5, C5-6). 3. No high-grade spinal canal stenpsis or acute findings. Thoracic MRI Impression: Ligamentum flavum thickening at the T3 level casues slight thecal sac effacement and possible minimal cord contact posterolaterally. Question: 1. What does these MRIs impression mean? 2. Can all my pain caused by the car accident or just me aging and falling apart at 48 suddenly? 3. If MRIs are not finding anything significant which causing my pain. What can I do next for diagnosis and treatment. Two of my orthopaedic doctors says do nothing. Thank you, shanghaiwind
Asked On : Sat, 1 Dec 2012
Answers:  0 Views:  26 Awaiting Answer