Having headache and pulsating feeling in left temple. Diagnosed as pulled muscle or pinched nerve. Any ideas?

I am having headaches on the left side of my head (Temple Area) I feel like my temple is pulsating and the veins seemed larger than normal. I compared them to my right temple area and the veins are definetely larger. This has been going on and off for a few weeks. I have been to two doctors and they tell me I have a pulled muscle in my neck or a pinched nerve. I have been prescribed prednisone , tylenol with codein, and flexoril. Any ideas on what going on?
Asked On : Thu, 19 Jul 2012