Having frequent periods, profuse bleeding during periods. Prescribed medicines. Having skin infection near lips, feeling moody. Suggestions?

My daughter is 12 years old.She attained maturity 3 months before and every month she is getting profuse bleeding and the time gap between the periods is reducing . It was 28 days and then 23 days and now 20 days. the doctor has advised her with half tablet of T. Modus from 14th day to 28th day. Is it ok for her age. Will she not have any side effects. She is having skin infection near her lips and looks pale and irritable and moody most of the time. Please advise
Asked On : Sat, 15 Dec 2012