Having fluid retention, swelling in feet. Want to sleep with feet raised. Will such arrangement cause stroke?

I have fluid-retention/ swelling in my feet , which is quite painful at times. All the sites I ve checked (after assuming I have a sports injury --- No!) advocate elevation of the feet. Got it. My tiny Section 8 Housing apartment doesn t allow for this. There isn t room. (I can t lie on the floor, as my arthritis often makes it nearly impossible to get back up; more correctly, it hurts so much I can t make myself do it.) As I must sleep on my side (OSA) propping my feet/legs alone is problematic. ANYWAY, my french friend says that spas in France simply stick a cinder block under each foot of the bed (at the foot of the bed) to raise the foot of the bed up about 10 inches for people with such a condition. (As my mattress rests on a plywood sheet, I could engineer a way to jack up the foot of that sheet, without re-do-ing the whole bed.) AHA! This would result in my feet being higher than my heart . It would also result in my everything being higher than my head. MY QUESTION would be, Would such a set-up increase the odds of stroke? Might any other bad reusult crop up? My concern is that it might shrink the feet, but also cause unwanted side effects. Also, I m a disabled man on MediCare/MediCal. I hope you won t charge me for this.
Asked On : Mon, 11 Feb 2013