Having flu with severe headache, cough, nausea excess salivation. On cough syrups, anti-inflammatory medications. Is this serious?

I am in Colombia S America. I have had a severe case of the flu with strong headaches for 10 days and a persistent cough. Have taken various medications, cough syrups, as well as antinflamatories for a flare up of hemorhoids caused by the cough. The lastest to hit is nauseous feeling, the mouth is filling up with saliva and I cant keep anything down in the stomach. This later concerns me as dont want to become dehyrdrated and have to be IV'd.

thank you
david pollitt
Asked On : Wed, 1 May 2013