Having flu, bronchitis, cough. Constantly exposed to wood dust, chemicals. Is symptoms linked to acid reflux?

Hi Doc. My GP seems to think that i have a asthmatic condition due to my prolonged exposure to chemicals that i have been working with for the last 20 odd years. ( i am an engineering patternmaker ) I have been consistantly exposed to wood dust , paint fumes , various chemical fumes ,etc due to nature of work. Recently , i have been contracting severe flu , bronchitis , relatively frequently ,and recovery periods have been getting longer. I have been coughing in severe spasms with no pheglm and my chest feels really tight and sore. Today . i visited a pulmunologist , who X -rayed my chest , and proclaimed the all clear. After , an examination , he prescribed , Topzole 40mg. and suggested that acid due to reflux might be the cause of my chronic cough . i had an inguinal hernia operation about two years back , but still take Gaviscon almost every night. Do you think that my cough and wheezing could be linked to my acid reflux problem ? Many thanks. Preggy moodley
Asked On : Fri, 8 Feb 2013