Having fever, variations in platelet count. Blood test normal. Prescribed paracetamol. Correct diagnosis?

I had fever for a week. My platelet count went down from 0000 to 0000 and now raised to 0000. Now I am not completely out of fever. Whenever I get fever, I am advised to take a paracetemol without any antibiotics. This is the second week I am running with fever and it is not as high as it was in the first week. Am I placed under a right guidence? I have also tested for Malaria , Typhoid and jaundice and got no symptoms in the blood reports. kindly advise.
Asked On : Sun, 17 Mar 2013