Having fever, shaky body, sore legs, back, shoulder and hip. Not cured by motrin. How to stop shaking and control temperature?

Hi I have a fever of 103.9 and I have had been violently shaking scince 2:00 am, I am to the point that my muscles in my legs, my back, shoulder and hips are all severly sore. I have taken Mortin serveral times today to try and break my fever with no luck. What can I do to stop the shaking and bring down my temperature?
Asked On : Fri, 6 Jul 2012
Critical Care Specialist 's  Response
Hi dear you have not mentioned your age and sex,which are very important for answering your question,any fever of 103.9f with shivering means infections some where in your body,you have not mentioned any other symptom ,so that source of infection can be located,pain in different part of your body is due to high degree of fever.this high degree of fever with chills could be due to UTI.Get your CBC,& URINE EXAMINATION DONE,and if you have UTI,a course of antibiotic will cure your fever,complete the history ,so that a complete answer can be given