Having fever, icy hands, fiery face, achy muscles and stomach pain. Took alka-seltzer and ibuprofen. Cause? Concerned

3 days ago I napped and when I woke up my stomach started to ache. I attributed this to the significant amounts of garlic that I naively ate before napping. However, within 2 hours of awakening I developed a serious fever: icy hands then later a fiery face and achy muscles, some vertigo and occasional slight coughing. The stomach pain also worsened.

It's been about 60 hours and the fever has just now subsided quite a bit. My stomach still hurts a lot though and my energy is low. I'm worried about the stomach.

More info:
- stomach pain seems to be in the center and deeper - below the belly button
- pain is achey and sometimes intense
- pain comes and goes in bouts
- I've taken alka-seltzer, tums and ibuprofen which seem to help at times but I'm not really sure
- No extra gassiness
- Stool seems normal. No blood or visible worms.

My profile:
- 27 year old male
- Non-smoker
- Rare drinker (1 drink / 2 weeks)
- Personal trainer. Very healthy and active. Started extremely clean diet (also very high protein) 1 month ago and started working out 5 times / week two weeks ago. These changes may be intense on the body.

My question: What could this be? Worms? An ulcer caused by the garlic? Something else? Is this an emergency?

Thank you.
Asked On : Sat, 6 Apr 2013