Having fever. Taking Meftal-P. Not cured. Is it safe to take Meftal-P?

Dear Dr. My Son is eight years old, since friday morning he is having high temp (between 102 & 103), we already consulted the our regualr Pediatrician . She has prescribed Meftal-P, 10ml after evry six hours. since friday evening we are continuesly giving him the said dosage after every six hours, as temp is not falling, since I on abroad assignmnet & my family is in India..I am more worried about my son s health. My kind request to support me. for how long the Meftal-P dosage can be continued? is it safe? Tanks you all in advance. Anna Waje
Asked On : Wed, 20 Jun 2012