Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
179 Doctors are Online

Having fever. Diagnosed with Influenza B. Scheduled an upper endoscopy. Has Chrons and flare up. Postpone endoscopy?

Hi Dr., My 12 year old son is scheduled an upper endoscopy for tomorrow morning, but he is been having fever for the last 7 days and was diagnosed last friday with Influenza B. Our GI has said that we can cancel the Endoscopy if we need to. He has Chrons and has been having a flare up, we think. Should we postpone the endoscopy? at least until he gets better? Thanks so much for your feedback.
Asked On : Thu, 4 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  33
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Gastroenterologist 's  Response
Hi. you can very well post pone the endoscopy without any hesitations. if he has beeen already diagnosed for crohn,s than just continue with the medication for crohn,s disease and wait till fever subside because of influenza.

Answered: Sat, 6 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor