Having extreme pain in knee after doing 100m sprint. Aches only when stand or sit not while running. Why knee is aching and how to treat it?

Hi, after doing a 100m sprint last week, I have been having this really horrible ache in my knee . It is primarly within the middle of the knee cap. I m curious as to what the ache is from and how to treat it. It is a dull ache that seems to stop when I run or jog but if I sit or stand, or just lie down, the ache returns. It hasn t increased in pain but it has started prohibting sleep and just relaxing.
Asked On : Fri, 30 Mar 2012